Tuesday, January 8, 2013

If you like it, I’ll blog it!

On Sunday night after my usual dinner post on Facebook I posed this question to friends and family: “If I started a recipe blog would you follow? 50 likes I’ll consider and 100 likes I’ll do it.” At first I knew that I could reach the 50 likes since I have dedicated friends who always enjoyed my many food posts (even when they mention I’m killing them). But my 50 likes suddenly became only 41 left, only 25 left, 20, 14, 10; I was getting eager to get to 100 likes. With each count down post, friends kept like-ing; telling me: “what will be your first post and you better figure out a name…” So finally here we are, after 103 likes later, I’m writing my first post about FOOD!

Suddenly considering a recipe blog is no longer an option. My Facebook friends and family it just got real. Welcome to my blog – “Bien Provecho.”  Here I will post foods that I've either learned from friends,family and/or my searches on the internet.

Curry chicken is an all-time favorite at our home. This dish was introduced to me by my good friend Keisha. My visual learner self, watched as she crafted this meal in a matter of minutes. She didn’t give me any measurements but with time I have been able to determine how much is just right. This dish can be eaten with rice or naan or both. PS: You can use low fat coconut milk as well!

Bien Provecho!

Curry Chicken

1 lb Chicken Breast or thigh – cut into 1 inch cubes
1 lb Shrimp uncooked (optional)
2 small or 1 medium Potato
2 Carrots
1 medium onion
1 green pepper
1 red pepper (if you don’t have red that’s okay)
½ - 1 tsp Adobo
2 minced garlic
2 T fresh Parsley; 1 T if using dry
1 Can Coconut Milk
3 T Curry powder
1/8 Cumin
1/4 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes (you can add more depends how hot you like it)
Olive Oil

Directions
1. Season chicken with garlic, adobo, crushed red pepper, and parsley. Slice onions, peppers, and carrots
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Place the onions, peppers, and carrots. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
3. Peel and dice potatoes – put to the side
4. Once chicken is cooked all the way through add the coconut milk, potatoes, curry, and cumin. Reduce heat and let it cook for 15-20 minutes. When potatoes look close to done add the shrimp. Allow to simmer over medium heat until shrimp are pink. Serve with rice or Naan or both!!

For Naan recipe click here: Naan Recipe and make sure to add the garlic!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I'm so excited, I am the first to comment! lol
    Cant wait to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! Congratulations on the blog!

    ReplyDelete